How To Fix Netflix Error Code m7111-5059
Netflix error code: m7111-5059 occurs when Netflix detects that you are using a VPN or a proxy server to watch region-restricted content. So if, for example, you’re using a VPN to access Netflix’s US catalogue, or if you’re trying to watch your usual version of Netflix while you’re abroad, you might well see this error pop up.
In this guide, we’re going to talk you through how to fix a Netflix error code m7111-1331-5059, how to switch servers to prevent the problem from happening again and which VPN providers are particularly good at bypassing Netflix’s restrictions. So read on for everything you need to know to enjoy streaming great content in peace.
How to Fix the m7111-5059 Error?
As you learnt that people using VPNs or proxies to bypass the geo-restrictions of Netflix come across the error code: m7111-5059 but don’t worry it can be fixed and here are the ways in which you can fix this error.
Delete the cache memory, cookies, browsing data of the web Browser
If the data present within the cache memory, then the browsing history and cookies have got corrupted somehow, then there is a chance of you to encounter this error. Now to resolve this problem is to remove all the data like cookies, browsing history and ones that are within the cache memory. Here, you will get the process to clean all the junk files specifically for the Google Chrome browser. In order to do that, follow these steps below.
- First, locate the Chrome icon on the desktop and double-click on the same. This action will open a new browser window.
- Inside that window, go to the top-right edge of the screen and click on the three vertical dots. As you click on that option, then a new dropdown list will appear on the screen.
- From that list, hover the mouse pointer over the ‘More Tools’ option. This will reveal the additional options on a sublist.
- Now, from the sublist that appears, locate and tap on the ‘Clear browsing data’ option. As soon as you do that, then a new ‘Settings’ page will appear.
- After that, on the new page, a dialogue box will come up having the name ‘Clear browsing data’. Inside that dialog box, under the ‘Basic’ tab choose the ‘Last hour’ as an option for the ‘Time range’ field.
- After that, put a checkmark for the following options ‘Browsing history’, ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files’
- At last, navigate to the bottom and click on the ‘Clear data’ button.
Disable Proxies & VPNs
If you are using any VPN service to circumvent the Netflix restriction on your favourite content, then you need to stop doing that, that VPN is the cause of this error m7111-5059. Netflix blacklists the IP addresses that these VPNs use and if you use one of the blacklisted ones you will see this error while trying to stream on Netflix.
But there are still a few alternatives that seem to be able to stream Netflix, like NordVPN, Windscribe and VyprVPN. These are some VPN services that seem to be working with Netflix, so if you want to stream Netflix and watch content that you can’t in your country, then your best bet is to buy a subscription plan of any of these VPNs and then stream Netflix with it.
If you are using any kind of tunnel broking mechanism, then that is also not allowed by Netflix, tunnel booking is usually used in many big companies. If you are using the special kind of proxies that use protocol tunnelling to route traffic, then it’s not supported by Netflix. Protocol tunnelling basically is the way of routing IPv6 traffic over IPv4 connections. This kind of arrangement is not supported by Netflix but if you have an IPv6 connection that is natively provided to you by your ISP then it’s fine and Netflix will work normally.