How to Recover Deleted Contacts On Android
We are sure that the information stored in the contact list of your mobile device is very valuable to you. Thanks to it, you can connect with other people without having to remember each phone number or each email address. If you have lost any contact, either because you have accidentally deleted it or due to a synchronization problem, do not worry. In this article, we show you different ways to recover it on your Android device.
How to Recover Contacts with Google Contacts
When you start your terminal for the first time, the setup wizard will ask you to log in with your Google account. By doing so, much of your data is safely stored in the cloud. The official Google application can help you undo the changes made to your calendar and recover any contacts deleted by mistake. The first thing you should do is open Google Contacts and press Settings, in the main menu.
- Swipe the screen to the bottom and tap on Undo changes.
- Select the time interval that Google Contacts should take into account to undo the changes made. Remember that you have a maximum of 30 days to recover your contacts. When you’re done, use Confirm to start the restore process.
How to Recover Contacts from Google Drive Backup
If this method does not work, there are other options included in the application that can help you. For example, you can restore the backup stored in the cloud. In addition, there is the possibility of recovering contacts from other Google accounts and other devices. Without leaving Settings, select Restore.
Next, choose the backup you want to use to restore your contact list.
It is also important that you check if your contact is in the recycle bin. Unfortunately, this information cannot be consulted from the Google Contacts application. Rather, you must access it through the web, opening the main menu and tapping on Bin.
Then, select one or more contacts and choose the Recover option to restore them.
How to Recover Contacts from SIM Card
You can use the information stored on the SIM card to recover lost data. This method is only valid if, by habit, you copy your calendar entries there. Back in Settings, click on Import and choose your SIM card. Immediately, your contacts will be restored.
At this point, it is very likely that you have managed to restore your lost contacts. But, if not, what other options do you have at your disposal?
How to Recover Contacts from WhatsApp Android
All the tricks that we mentioned in the article will help you to recover your contacts. If you have not been successful, remember that WhatsApp stores conversations with other users, even when they have been removed from the contact list. This can be your last resort if the rest of the solutions have not been fruitful.
Once you have located the WhatsApp conversation of the lost contact, you can check their phone number. If you want to add the contact back to your phone book, click on the three dots menu and touch Add to contacts.
- Selecciona Create a new contact.
- Specifies the name, last name and other information and tap Save.
- Once this is done, the contact will have been stored in your phonebook again.
How to Recover your Contacts With Android Recovery
The methods mentioned above can help you in most cases. However, what can you do if they have not worked for you? Android Recovery is a complete software that will help you to recover a deleted contact on Android and all kinds of data.
- After installing Android Recovery on your PC, open its application and click on Android Data Recovery.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to activate USB debugging mode on your device. By doing so, Android Recovery will establish a connection with your phone.
- Now, select the data you want to recover. To restore your contacts, check the Contacts box.
- When the process is finished, you will see a list with the contacts available for recovery. Right-click on any of them and select Recover Checked.
- Once you have your recovered contact, copy it to Google Contacts or transfer it directly to your terminal. To avoid future loss and make Android data recovery possible, don’t forget to regularly back up to the cloud, SIM card, or VCF file.